We would like to say a huge thank you to families for staying at home and staying safe during these unusual circumstances. We appreciate how difficult this can be especially if you live with children and young people.
We are here to help. There is lots of support available for you and your family.
Please see COVID-19: latest guidance on protecting yourself (external link)
Please see our leaflet Support for families during Covid-19 (Coronavirus) (3088KB pdf)
If you have a child with individual needs and or disabilities, please see the Rochdale SEND Local Offer COVID-19 Help and Guidance page.
The vaccination programme across the country is well underway. Please help to share this information with people you know across the borough.
The vaccine rollout within the borough is being managed by Rochdale Health Alliance (our local GP Federation) and the Primary Care Networks. The council is supporting the NHS to deliver it to as many people as quickly as possible.
We can arrange food, medicine and essentials to be brought to you. You can also access supermarket and fuel vouchers through our Household Fund. To find out more, contact us on 01706 923685 or text on 07860 022876. (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm)
If you urgently need help outside of these hours, call the emergency out of hours service on 0300 303 8875 and choose option 2.
You can also send us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
For other support, please see: COVID-19: support for people affected by coronavirus (external link)
If you need someone to talk to, call our Living Well chatters on 01706 751190, who will arrange a convenient time to talk to you. Open Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
Please see services below which can support you through Long term Covid.
- Bury/ Bolton ME/CFS Support Group (external link) - Services and support information including groups to attend.
- Bury/ Bolton ME/CFS Support Group (external link) - Support for children and young people.
- Long Covid Kids Support Group (external link) – This is a support group for Long Covid Kids Charity. Your child does not need to have a Long Covid diagnosis to join our group.
- Activities and home learning ideas to do with your children - You and your child can continue to learn at home through play activities, socialisation, relaxing, cuddling, responding, talking and communicating.
Other support services
- Barnardos - Rochdale activity groups and support.
Health and wellbeing support
- Rochdale Mind - We provide a range of services to support people with mild to moderate mental health and wellbeing issues in the Heywood, Middleton and Rochdale area. Our services are designed by people with lived experience for service users.
- Living Well Rochdale - The Living Well team is here to help you make healthy lifestyle changes that will improve your health and wellbeing.
Information and guidance