This part of the website is for practitioners to access a range of information and resources relevant to their work with children, young people and families. Although some of the information is available to all, please ensure you log in to allow further information to be shared in a secure way.
If you would like to discuss any sections of this website, make recommendations or notify of any changes, please contact: Rochdale Family Information Service on 01706 719900 or email email@example.com
Essential Parent supports and promotes the factors that help children reach their potential including good health, attachment, good mental health, responsive feeding, cognitive, physical and emotional development, and many more.
Essential Parent is a digital information service offering expert, evidence-based professional written and video content for conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, children and teenagers.
If you are a practitioner working with children and families in the Rochdale borough, please register for a free account by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Early Help Locality Team is a service working with children and young people to offer family support. It will help your child receive the right support at an early stage before their needs increase.
This page is for childcare providers to search and book on to courses available to them.
The Early Years Portal will enable you to submit required details for children attending your setting quickly and easily and also enable you to perform instant checks of eligibility for 2 year old funding.
This guidance covers Ofsted-registered childcare providers for children of all ages, including childminders, nurseries and wraparound childcare and clubs (before- and after- school and holiday care). This guidance does not cover nannies or au pairs, as they work in the child/children’s family home.
Read the full guidance list below:
- Actions for early years and childcare providers during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak (external link).
- Business rates: nursery (childcare) discount 2020 to 2021: coronavirus response – local authority guidance (external link).
- Guidance for early years and childcare providers (external link).
- Guidance for schools (external link).
- Guidance for further and higher education providers (external link).
- Guidance for local authority children’s services (external link).
- Guidance for holiday or after-school clubs and other out-of-school settings (external link).
The Safe After School campaign is a new campaign launched to support parents with advice and guidance on out of school activities.
Information for childcare providers and Early Years education settings regarding the different funding streams available.
Tax Free Childcare is a government scheme to help working families with their childcare costs. As a childcare professional you can sign up online for Tax Free Childcare, allowing parents to pay for childcare directly in to your bank account.
- Early years and childcare statutory guidance June 2018 (external link).
- Early years entitlement - Operational guide (external link)
- Early years entitlement - Local authority funding of providers operational guide 2020 to 2021 (external link)
The primary focus of the Supported Day Care Scheme is to ensure that the child's wellbeing and safety are maintained.
If you need help registering as a childcare provision, or would like to advertise your service on this directory, please contact Rochdale Family Information Service on 01706 719900 or email email@example.com.
- Rochdale Childrens Social Care
- Rochdale Borough Safeguarding Children Board (RBSCB)
- School Inclusion team
- EHC Assessment and Review team
- HMRC Online Tax and Business Training for childminders
- Team for Physical Disabilites (Rochdale Additional Needs Service)
- Area Special Educational Needs Coordinators (SENCO) team - Early Years
- Early Years Training team
- Cool Milk for Childcare Providers
- M24 Arts Ltd - Play resource centre
- Coram Family and Childcare
- National Day Nurseries Association
- Pre-School Learning Alliance
- Professional Association for Childcare and Early Years (PACEY)
- OFSTED (Office for Standards in Education)