Check if you are eligible for 15 hours free early education for your 2 year old, from the term after their second birthday.
To be eligible you must be getting one or more of the following:
- Income support.
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA).
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA).
- Support through part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act.
- Tax credits and have an annual income under £16,190 before tax.
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit.
- The Working Tax Credit 4-week run on (the payment you get when you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit).
- Universal Credit - if you and your partner are on a low income from work (this usually means a combined income of less than £15,400 a year after tax).
Children are also entitled to a place if they meet one or more of the following:
- They’re looked after by a local council.
- They have an Education Health and Care Plan (EHCP).
- They get Disability Living Allowance.
- They’ve left care under a special guardianship order, child arrangements order or adoption order.
- Check if you are eligible on the Parent Portal on Rochdale Council website
- Find a childcare provider
- Once you have checked your eligibility and obtained a code from the Parent Portal, take this code to a childcare provider of your choice to access a place.
If you have any queries or need help finding a childcare place please contact us.
Early Years Education Funding Team
Tel: 01706 927823