Mental health services are free on the NHS, but in most cases you will need a referral from your GP to access them.
Some mental health problems can be managed without the help of a GP. There are a variety of materials available and local organisations offering help. You can also try the mood assessment quiz on the NHS website which is designed to recommend resources to help you better understand how you feel.
For a full list of services use the categories on the left.
Please see mental health services for children and young people below:
- #THRIVE – Emotional Health and Wellbeing Support
- Healthy Young Minds (formerly CAMHS)
- Thinking Ahead Heywood, Middleton and Rochdale
- Where’s Your Head At? (16 to 21)
- Heywood, Middleton and Rochdale School Nursing Team
- ChatHealth for Young People
- Open Young Minds Project
- 42nd Street Supporting young people with stress (11 to 25)
- Kooth.com – Free online support for young people
- Talk to Frank
Please see mental health services for adults below: