Skip to main content

Direct payments for young people over 16

If you or someone you care for get help from social services, you can apply for direct payments. These let you choose and buy the services you need yourself, instead of getting them from your council.

What you need to know

  • Available in England, Scotland and Wales. If you live in Scotland or Wales, contact your council directly.
  • You must be over 16 You can only get direct payments if you’ve been assessed by social services as needing care and support services.

Direct payments can be made to:

  • Disabled people aged 16 or over (with short or long-term needs)
  • Disabled parents for children’s services
  • Carers aged 16 or over (including people with parental responsibility for a disabled child)
  • Elderly people who need community care services

Who to contact

Contact Name
Children with Disabilities Team
01706 929500

Where to go

Name of venue
Rochdale Borough Council
Venue address
Number One Riverside
Smith Street
OL16 1XU

Time / Date Details

When is it on
Monday to Friday 8.30am to 4.45pm

Local Offer

Local Offer Ages
16-18 (Transitions into Adulthood)
18-25 (Young Adults)
Back to top