Rochdale Additional Needs Service (RANS)
RANS helps children and young people with additional needs to develop the skills to become independent and active members in school and their community. We work closely with children and young people, families, settings/schools and other agencies. We provide advice, assessment, support, teaching and training as appropriate to need.
We are a specialist team for children with:
- Physical disabilities and/or assistive technology needs (school age).
- A hearing impairment (0 to 19 years).
- A visual impairment (0 to 19 years).
- A developmental speech and/or language disorder (3 to 7 years).
- Social communication and social interaction difficulties, including ASD (school age).
Our specialist staff cover the following additional needs:
- Physical disabilities
- Visual impairment
- Hearing impairment
- Developmental Language Disorder (DLD)
- Social communication and interaction difficulties (including autism spectrum conditions)
The Service helps children to develop the skills to become independent and active members in school and their community. We work closely with children, families, settings/schools and other agencies, providing specialist advice, training, teaching and assessment where appropriate.
The level of support your child receives will depend on their level of need. Referrals are made by settings/schools and professionals.
Referrals can be made by settings, schools and professionals – see individual team pages for more information.
We are proud to announce the third Rochdale Autism Conference. Again providing a platform to raise greater understanding and awareness of ASC.
The aim is to provide schools, other professionals and parents and carers the opportunity to listen to personal perspectives and to gain information and ideas on supporting children and young people with ASC.
For futher information please see our Autism Conference 2019 (internal link).
Who to contact
- Contact Position
- RANS Leadership Team
- 01706 926400
Where to go
- Venue address
Number One Riverside, Floor 4
- OL16 1XU
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Monday to Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm
- Local Offer Ages
0-4 (Birth to Pre-School)
4-10 (Primary School)
11-16 (Secondary School)
16-18 (Transitions into Adulthood)