Rochdale Children's Social Care


If you are unsure a child may be suffering but are worried, or if you are concerned a child has suffered harm, neglect or abuse, please contact our Safeguarding Children's Unit using the contact details.

If you think a child is in immediate danger - dial 999.

When to contact us

You should contact us if you feel:

  • A child needs protection – if you feel a child is suffering harm, neglect or abuse, we can investigate and act to protect the child.
  • A family is under stress – we can offer support and advice and help families access support from other services.
  • A child is seriously ill or disabled – we can arrange an assessment of the child’s and family’s needs and provide support.
Signs of abuse

There are a number of ways to identify if a child is suffering from abuse, neglect or may be in harms way.

For further information on the signs and indicators of abuse please see the Greater Manchester Safeguarding Partnership website.

Who to contact

0300 303 0440 Office hours 0300 303 0440 Office hours 0300 303 8875 Out of office hours 0300 303 8875 Out of office hours

Where to go

Number One Riverside
Floor 4
Smith Street

OL16 1XU

View OL16 1XU on a map

Related Links


Remove from shortlist

Last Updated

Last updated: