Hopwood Hall College - Middleton Campus
We are a vocational college set across two campuses in Middleton and Rochdale. With over 200 courses on offer, including programmes in building maintenance, painting and decorating, plastering, plumbing and sports science, we're sure to have something that's just what you're looking for.
We understand college is not just about courses but about life and our campuses are designed to help each student reach their full potential and develop core skills needed for their future careers.
At Hopwood Hall College, we pride ourselves on the high quality training facilities we can offer our students.
Student support at Hopwood Hall offers a wide range of services for all learners including those with additional needs. Students can access specialist and individualised support to help them maximise their potential whilst at college and beyond.
Please contact Nicola Metcalfe - Learning Support Manager
0161 643 7560 (Middleton Campus)
01706 345646 (Rochdale Campus)
Support for students with additional learning needs
We can provide support for students with additional learning needs as clearly identified by a Statement of Special Educational Needs/Learning Difficulty Assessment or Education, Health and Care Plan. If you do not have a learning difficulty or disability you can speak to your subject tutor or Student Support Tutor (SST).
If a prospective student has significant or complex needs that may require additional staffing or resources then the application will be forwarded to the local authority for their consideration.
The college offers a curriculum ranging from Entry Level 1 to Higher Education level. Currently there is no curriculum provision for profound and multiple learning difficulties.
Learners will be assessed on an individual basis.
We aim to make the transfer to college as easy as possible for you. Please let us know your needs by:
- Informing your positive steps/connexions advisor.
- Contacting us before you apply.
- Ticking the relevant boxes on your application form.
- Informing the tutor at your interview.
- Visiting the student support desk at open days or enrolment.
- Asking your tutors or your Student Support Tutor to make a referral.
What support can we offer?
Following an assessment of your learning needs and requirements, the student support team will provide an individual plan to meet your needs. Support will be reviewed each term. The following could be offered to you by the college:
- Transitional support and individual taster days.
- In and out of class learning support.
- Support for English and maths.
- Study skills.
- Adaptation of learning materials.
- Assistive technology and/or equipment.
- Mobility support.
- Personal care.
- Exam access arrangements.
- Signposting to external agencies.
What facilities can we offer?
- Student support base rooms.
- Study pods.
- At both the Rochdale and Middleton campus there is a fully equipped personal care room.
Who to contact
Where to go
M24 6XHView M24 6XH on a map
- Local Offer Age Bands
16-18 (Transitions into Adulthood)
18-25 (Young Adults)