The Absolutely Phab Club
The Absolutely Phab club aim is to promote and encourage people with and without disabilities to come together on equal terms, to achieve complete inclusion within the wider community. In the group we do activities such as, arts and crafts, football, drama, listen to music, trips to bowling, Blackpool and meals out.
Phab creates opportunities for children and adults of all abilities to enjoy life together by:
- Supporting a network of around 180 clubs throughout England and Wales for all age-ranges, offering activities and holidays which members can share and enjoy together.
- Promoting and encouraging self-confidence and independence in young people of all abilities through a range of diverse projects.
- Funding special residential breaks – inclusive experiences for disabled and non-disabled children and young people to share in a full range of adventurous outdoor activities at fully accessible activity centres offering specialist tuition.
- Providing specially equipped and fully accessible holiday units at an award-winning beach site in Dorset at affordable weekly rates.
- Organising national and regional events for Phab club members and supporters to enjoy together and to promote the Phab philosophy of inclusion
Each club organises a diverse programme of activities – arts and crafts, quizzes and games, speakers, sports, discos, days out, group holidays and so on – and usually meets once a week.
The clubs cater for juniors under 18. Members who joined as teenagers often remain or return as seniors. What all of the clubs offer is the opportunity for everyone to get together and have fun, providing valuable support for families and carers who can sometimes feel isolated. Siblings belong to the same club and families are able to enjoy events and activities together.
All clubs are encouraged to meet on a regular basis and nationally at conferences and events such as the annual Heartbeat Hike in London's Hyde Park.
If you would like to host a regional meeting at your club or a nearby venue, please contact us.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Christine Seal
Where to go
- Name of venue
- Crossley Centre
- Venue address
323 Denton Lane
- OL9 9DD
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Please contact for details of various sessions
- Local Offer Ages
4-10 (Primary School)
11-16 (Secondary School)
16-18 (Transitions into Adulthood)
18-25 (Young Adults)