Team for Physical Disabilities (Rochdale Additional Needs Service)
The Team for Physical Disabilities (PD) aim to remove barriers to learning, participation, progress and independence through the use of strategies and equipment such as:
- Assistive technology
- Alternative and augmentative communication
- Symbol supported texts
- Resource adaptation
- Individual health care plans
- Risk assessments
We work very closely with health professionals to enable schools to support students to be independent and as included as possible in the whole of school life.
We work mainly in mainstream settings with students of school age, but can also cover transition from pre-school/nursery, and to post-16 provision. All of the students we work with have some sort of physical difficulty with taking part in school life.
- Getting into, moving around or using the school building.
- Using equipment such as seating, toilets, pencils/pens or tools for taking part in lessons.
- Communicating through speech or writing.
- Managing their medical condition in school.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- PD Team, Rochdale Additional Needs Service
- 01706 926400
Where to go
- Name of venue
- Rochdale Borough Council
- Venue address
Floor 4, Number One Riverside
- OL16 1XU
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Monday to Friday 8.30am to 4.45pm
- Referral required
- Referral Details
Referrals are made through the school or your health professional