Living Well Rochdale
Living Well is here to support you when living and feeling well feels too tough to tackle alone.
We are for people living in Heywood, Middleton, Pennines and Rochdale, who want to improve their health and wellbeing by stopping smoking, losing weight, getting more active, or dealing with long-term ill-health linked to everyday living and much more.
Whatever healthy lifestyle change you want to make, take the first step and get in touch with us.
We make living well part of everyday life.
We start with where you’re at and help you get where you want to be by offering support every step of the way with:
- One to one support
- Access to specialist support for extra help
- Help to tap into the support in your community
Focussing on your strengths, we help you make changes by:
- Enabling you to take control.
- Getting to the root causes of what makes change difficult.
- Building your confidence and motivation to change.
- Working together to make those changes.
It means we can help you succeed even when you face challenging multiple lifestyle changes or want to reduce or prevent long-term ill-health linked to daily living.
A bit of support can make all the difference. That’s why our Stop Smoking Support service offers one-to-one support in a way that suits you and the changes you want to make. That includes in the evening, over the phone and on video calls.
GPs, pharmacists and community organisations can put you in touch with us and we also work closely with a number of local pharmacists to improve access to stop smoking support.
There’s no one way to lose weight.
That’s why we offer a comprehensive range of one-to-one, specialist and community-based support to suit you, no matter where you are starting from.
Want to get more active? Let us help you find a way.
Whatever you want to do to build a healthier lifestyle – whether it’s stopping smoking, losing weight or feeling better in yourself – getting more active can play a big part in it. What’s more, it doesn’t need money, time or fancy gear. There are loads of ways of getting more active at home or in your community.
Let us help you find a way that suits you.
By tackling long term conditions
Long-term conditions like heart and respiratory diseases, diabetes and chronic pain can have a huge impact on our lives.
We can help you make a wide range of lifestyle changes that can help you reduce the impact of or even prevent a long-term condition so you can make the most of life.
By overcoming isolation and barriers to healthy lifestyle change
We offer a range of support to help you build on your strengths, feel better about life and overcome barriers beyond your health.
- Opportunities to volunteer with us are always available if you want to give something back or just do something special for yourself. For example, our volunteers lead walking groups all over the borough so you can enjoy the fabulous countryside on your doorstep and have a friendly chat along the way.
- Community Champions help people overcome the barriers they face by working with them to build their, literacy, IT and numeracy skills. They also offer debt advice, benefit advice and much more. They are real people, men and women of all ages and backgrounds who have the time, commitment and skills to offer support. Some have professional backgrounds and use those skills as a volunteer. Others are "expert by experience" or have developed their skills through training.
- Call our Chatter if you just want to take a break, let go of a worry or chat – about anything.
We offer oral health support to everyone in the borough by working in partnership with local early years providers, schools and health professionals.
We’ll also accept referrals from partner services on behalf vulnerable people and families who need extra direct support.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Name of venue
- The Big Life Group
- Venue address
Lock 50 Business Centre
- OL16 5RD
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm