The Living Well team is here to help you make healthy lifestyle changes that will improve your health and wellbeing.
Our services are free to use for anyone living in the borough who wants to:
- Reach a healthier weight.
- Get more active.
- Reduce smoking or drinking.
- Improve their oral health.
- Tackle anxiety and low mood.
- Find a healthier lifestyle for the whole family.
The Living Well team work from local bases in all the borough’s townships. Call or email us to arrange to see us at the base nearest to you.
We do things differently at Living Well. Our health specialists, trainers and coaches focus on you and your family’s strengths and help you make changes by:
- Enabling you to take control.
- Getting to the root causes of what makes change difficult.
- Building your confidence and motivation to change.
- Working together to make those changes.
It means we can help you succeed even when you face challenging multiple lifestyle changes or want to prevent long term ill health linked to your lifestyle.
We’ll also help you find the right kind of support even if it’s something we don’t provide, so you choose what’s right for you. You can even join us as a volunteer to work in your community helping each other live life better.
Living Well is commissioned by Rochdale Borough Council.
Community Champions are people from across the Rochdale Borough who make a positive difference by helping others.
They are real people, men and women of all ages and backgrounds who have the time, commitment and skills to offer support. Some have professional backgrounds and use those skills as a volunteer. Others are "expert by experience" or have developed their skills through training.
Community Champions are available to help you with lots of different issues including:
- Develop your skills, including reading, writing, maths and employability.
- Learn about computers, particularly how to use services.
- Help your children with literacy.
- If you are struggling with a mental health issue. This is usually done in partnership with the Psychological Therapies team or other local services.
- If you are struggling with bereavement or loss.
- Get a job, through work clubs or 1-to-1 support.
- Get the most out of life if you're isolated or feeling vulnerable.
- Maximise your benefits or deal with a change in circumstances.
- Budget and make the most out of your money.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Name of venue
- The Big Life Group
- Venue address
Lock 50 Business Centre
- OL16 5RD
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm