Boomerang - Sensory Playcentre
Boomerang was founded in November 2007 by a group of parents and carers of disabled children in the Bury area. Finding places to take children who have various and complex learning difficulties, to play was a problem.
The usual venues such as Wacky Warehouse, Bowling and other play centres were not always suitable due to lack of wheelchair access, noise and many other problems. A lot of these special people find busy, noisy, fun places overwhelming, and are often upset by the kind of things that able-bodied children love.
Boomerang is the biggest multi sensory playcentre in the North West, specifically designed to cater for those with special needs.
- Suitable for all ages and abilites
- Large soft padded multi sensory environement on two levels with a ball pool, slides, interactive floors, projector lighting and musical instruments.
- Unique projector room allowing floors and walls to offer interactive sensory therapy and games.
- Sensory room with a musical waterbed, interactive ball pool, infinity panels, bubble tubes and aromatherapy.
- Disabled changing facilities
- Bouncy castle
- Children's Entertainer
- Fun for all the family
- Open 7 days a week
- Parties £10 per person (minimum of 10) sensory room and interactive rooms are available for adults with special needs. Please contact for further information and to book a place or party.
Who to contact
- 0161 764 4842
Where to go
- Name of venue
- Rivermere House
- Venue address
- BL8 1AT
Time / Date Details
- Session Information
Monday to Friday - 9.30am to 3pm
Saturday - 9am to 4pm
Sunday - 9am to 11am people with special needs and their families only
Sunday - 11am to 3pm open to the general public
Please note that during the summer months opening hours may change. Please call to check availability.