Healthy Start Vouchers
With Healthy Start, you get free vouchers every week to spend on milk, plain fresh and frozen fruit and vegetables, and infant formula milk.
Women and children getting Healthy Start food vouchers also get vitamin coupons to swap for free Healthy Start vitamins.
You’ll qualify for the Healthy Start scheme if you’re at least 10 weeks pregnant or you have at least one child under 4.
In addition, you must be receiving any of the following:
- Child Tax Credit (only if your family’s annual income is £16,190 or less)
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Pension Credit (which includes the child addition)
- Universal Credit (only if your family’s take-home pay is £408 or less per month from employment)
You will also be eligible if:
- you’re under 18 and pregnant, even if you are not claiming any benefits
- you claim income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) and are over 10 weeks pregnant
- you or your partner get Working Tax Credit run-on only. (Working Tax Credit run-on is the Working Tax Credit you receive in the 4 weeks immediately after you have stopped working for 16 hours or more per week)
To find out if your family earns £408 or less per month from employment whilst claiming Universal Credit, look at your ‘take-home pay for this period’ on your monthly Universal Credit award notice.
You can apply for Healthy Start vouchers using a paper form.
To apply for Healthy Start vouchers you should:
- Download the Healthy Start application form (PDF: 86KB) (external link)
- Print out the form.
- Complete the form.
- Post the form to us at:
Healthy Start Issuing Unit
PO Box 1067
You can also call the Healthy Start helpline on 0345 607 6823 and ask them to send one to you by post.
You can also ask a midwife or health visitor for an application form.
Who to contact
- 0345 607 6823
- Local Offer Ages
- 0-4 (Birth to Pre-School)