Travel pass for disabled people


If you are disabled, you could be eligible for a pass that gives you free and low-cost travel in Greater Manchester and the rest of England under the English National Concessionary Travel Scheme. Depending on your disability, you could qualify for either a travel pass for disabled people or a travel plus pass for disabled people.

Travel pass

To be eligible you must:

  • Be a permanent resident of Greater Manchester.
  • Be partially sighted.
  • Profoundly or severely deaf.
  • Have extreme difficulty walking.
  • Not be eligible for a driving licence for medical reasons.

To apply for the travel pass please see our website.

Travel plus pass

To be eligible you must:

  • Be a permanent resident of Greater Manchester be registered blind.
  • Unable to talk.
  • Be profoundly deaf and unable to talk.
  • Profoundly deaf with communication that cannot be readily understood.
  • Have learning disabilities.
  • Be unable to use both arms.
  • Be an ex-serviceman or ex-servicewoman who has lost a leg.
  • Have severe and enduring mental health problems which would prevent them from holding a driving licence.

To apply for a travel plus pass please see our website

Who to contact

0161 244 1050 0161 244 1050

Local Offer

Local Offer Age Bands
18-25 (Young Adults)


Save to shortlist

Last Updated

Last updated: