Local Energy Advice Partnership (LEAP)
We are offering local residents a completely free of charge service. LEAP can help you to save money and keep your home warm and cosy.
If you have been struggling to pay your energy bills, please don’t think you’re alone. LEAP has a wide network of referral organisations who will refer anyone who is in (or at risk of falling into) fuel poverty, 'fuel poverty’ is defined as a situation where someone who is on a relatively low income lives in a house that cannot be kept warm at a reasonable cost.
If you're eligible, you will get a free home visit from a friendly, qualified home energy advisor. LEAP can:
- Install free, simple energy saving measures which can save the average household £30 on their energy bills a year.
- Give you day to day energy efficiency hints and tips and ensure your heating system is set up to keep you warm and save money.
- Help check if you are on the cheapest energy tariffs which could save you over £280 a year.
- Refer you for further energy efficiency imrovements, such as loft insulation or a new boiler.
LEAP has some very broad eligibility requirements. We want to be able to help as many people as we can by extending the service to anyone that either is already in, or is at risk of falling into fuel poverty. It is open to all types of householders such as homeowners, private renters and social housing tenants.
You may be eligible if you:
- Have a low income
- Receive tax credits
- Receive Housing Benefit
- Receive an income or disability related benefit
- Have a long term illness or disability
Please see our website for a full list of eligibility criteria (external link)
You can apply using the referral form on our website either for yourself or on behalf of somebody else, or you can apply over the phone, if you applying by phone the person you are applying for should be with you.
If you have any problems using the form on our website you can email: email@example.com
Who to contact
Time / Date Details
- Session Information
Monday to Friday 8.45am to 7pm
Saturday 9am to 12noon