Hopwood Hall College - Rochdale Campus
We are a further education vocational college based on two campuses in Rochdale and Middleton. We have an in-depth understanding of the skills required in the 21st Century and offer a huge range vocational courses from foundation level through to foundation degrees.
Our offering is focused around ensuring all students gain the skills, abilities and confidence to go into their chosen careers and enjoy success.
What we do
Our curriculum offer includes:
- Art and Design
- Early Years
- Fashion with Textiles
- Games Development
- Graphic Design
- Hair and Beauty
- Health and Social Care
- Higher education
- Hospitality and Catering
- Media Production
Student support at Hopwood Hall offers a wide range of services for all learners including those with additional needs. Students can access specialist and individualised support to help them maximise their potential whilst at college and beyond.
Please contact Nicola Metcalfe - Learning Support Manager
0161 643 7560 (Middleton Campus)
01706 345646 (Rochdale Campus)
Support for students with additional learning needs
We can provide support for students with additional learning needs as clearly identified by a Statement of Special Educational Needs/Learning Difficulty Assessment or Education, Health and Care Plan. If you do not have a learning difficulty or disability you can speak to your subject tutor or Student Support Tutor (SST).
If a prospective student has significant or complex needs that may require additional staffing or resources then the application will be forwarded to the local authority for their consideration.
The college offers a curriculum ranging from Entry Level 1 to Higher Education level. Currently there is no curriculum provision for profound and multiple learning difficulties.
Learners will be assessed on an individual basis.
We aim to make the transfer to college as easy as possible for you. Please let us know your needs by:
- Informing your positive steps/connexions advisor.
- Contacting us before you apply.
- Ticking the relevant boxes on your application form.
- Informing the tutor at your interview.
- Visiting the student support desk at open days or enrolment.
- Asking your tutors or your Student Support Tutor to make a referral.
What support can we offer?
Following an assessment of your learning needs and requirements, the student support team will provide an individual plan to meet your needs. Support will be reviewed each term. The following could be offered to you by the college:
- Transitional support and individual taster days.
- In and out of class learning support.
- Support for English and maths.
- Study skills.
- Adaptation of learning materials.
- Assistive technology and/or equipment.
- Mobility support.
- Personal care.
- Exam access arrangements.
- Signposting to external agencies.
What facilities can we offer?
- Student support base rooms.
- Study pods.
- At both the Rochdale and Middleton campus there is a fully equipped personal care room.
Who to contact
Where to go
St Mary's Gate
OL12 6RYView OL12 6RY on a map
- Local Offer Age Bands
16-18 (Transitions into Adulthood)
18-25 (Young Adults)