The Freedom Programme
The Freedom Programme is a free and confidential 12 week rolling course which runs two hours a week in various locations across Rochdale. Women can join the course at any time.
Practitioners please log in for further information and referral form.
The aims of the programme are to:
- Identify abusive behaviours and beliefs held by abusive men.
- Help women gain self-esteem and confidence to improve the quality of their lives.
- Show how domestic abuse affects children.
- Help women to recognise future.
The Freedom Programme in Rochdale is open to any women within the borough free of charge.
Sessions are run in groups, each group has two facilitators who are fully trained and have a deep understanding of the issues around domestic abuse.
- Have open discussions and activities addressing domestic abuse.
- Have the option to join in as much as you want.
- Get lots of peer support.
- Make friends.
- Become more confident and assertive.
- Receive a book named 'The Dominator' which you can take home if appropriate for you.
Creche facilities are available in some of our venues for pre-school aged children. Please contact us for details.
The Recovery Toolkit course is the next course from the Freedom programme. It is a trauma focused cognitive behavioural therapy programme, delivered over a period of 12 weeks.
The course aims to help women to recover from the psychological trauma of being in an abusive relationship, as well and providing information and support in moving forward with life.
In order for it to bring about change it is important that the women are committed to attending each week so they can achieve maximum growth and personal development.
Over the 12 weeks the course will cover the following areas:
- Self-esteem and affirmations.
- The power of positive self-talk.
- Anger, conflict and assertiveness.
- Boundaries and trust.
- Healthy relationships.
Criteria and referrals
The course is open to any women over the age of 16. Women can self-refer or any agency can refer into the service.
The course is open to all women who have ended their abusive relationships. For those currently in an abusive relationship see details of the Freedom programme. All referrals will be subjected to an initial assessment to ensure the course is suitable for you at this current time.
The Recovery Toolkit referral form (external link)