Rochdale United Charities
The area of benefit covered is the Ancient Parish of Rochdale, which includes the former County Borough of Rochdale, Castleton, Whitworth, Wardle, Littleborough, Todmorden and Saddleworth.
The Trustees can make grants of money or provide or pay for items, services or facilities calculated to reduce the need. They may pay for items or services by way of donations or subscriptions to institutions or organisations, which provide or undertake in return to provide items, services or facilities.
Purposes for which applications can be made:
- The money invested in the Rochdale United Charity, which incorporates the Ladies Charity and the Harold Shawcross Fund, is for the purpose of relieving, either generally or individually, persons who live in the area who are in conditions of need, hardship or distress.
- The Trustees can only make grants for household items.
- Before making grants, the Trustees have to satisfy themselves that relief is not available from a statutory source.
- The Trustees cannot give money.
- The Charity may provide financial assistance towards the cost of white goods (washing machines, cookers, fridges), furniture and carpets.
The Trustees cannot commit themselves to renew the relief granted on any occasion in any case. Before making grants, the Trustees have to satisfy themselves that relief is not already available from a statutory source.
Applications should include supporting information, for example from a Social Worker, Health Visitor or other professional.
If supporting information is not supplied, the Trustees may decide to defer the application.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Name of venue
- Saddleworth Parish Council
- Venue address
- OL3 6AE