GP Enhanced Access Service
GP Enhanced Access Service (Heywood, Middleton and Rochdale) allows patients to have more flexibility in where, when and how they use local health services.
What is Enhanced Access
To put it simply, it’s an extension of your general practice. Your practice is part of a Primary Care Network, this involves a group of practices working together to make sure you can access a range of healthcare services at a time and place that meets your needs.
GP Practices in Heywood, Middleton and Rochdale are usually open between the hours of 8am and 6.30pm on weekdays. Enhanced Access offers pre-bookable urgent and routine appointments outside of core contractual hours.
- Same day or pre booked weekday evenings and Saturday appointments
- Face to face and remote (telephone and video) appointments
- A range of clinical staff including GPs offering different appointments
- Flexible appointment times, outside of traditional working hours
- Local Healthcare professionals delivering care at the right time to meet your needs
What can I expect from the service
This service enables you to not only see GP but also a wide range of other clinical staff. These include a practice nurse, advance nurse practitioner who can prescribe medication, and phlebotomist for taking bloods.
Furthermore, patients can expect a mixture of face to face and remote consultations, ensuring the service is accessible at all. This gives patients more choice and flexibility about the time and location of their appointment, making accessing appointments easier. This means, you have access to a number of different appointments including:
- Screening such as well man/woman and cervical
- Vaccinations and immunisations such as COVID, flu, shingles and pneumovax (please note, the service does not offer travel vaccinations and baby/childhood immunisations)
Management of long term conditions such as;
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Heart failure
When attending your appointment, you may not be seen by the clinical staff from your registered practice. However, all healthcare professionals can access your medical records, with your consent.
How do I book an appointment
To book an appointment, patients should contact their GP practice.
See further details below of the Enhanced Services in your Primary Care Network (PCN)
- Rochdale North PCN, Whitehall Street Clinic, Rochdale, OL12 0ND.
- The Bridge PCN, Whitehall Street Clinic, Rochdale, OL12 0ND.
- Pennines PCN, Littleborough Health Centre, Featherstall Road, OL15 8HF.
- Heywood PCN, Contact your GP for more information.
- Middleton PCN, Contact your GP for more information.
- Canalside PCN, Contact your GP for more information.
For more information see our website below.
Who to contact
Scan to visit this website